luni, 1 aprilie 2013

Galaxy Nails Tutorial

Hey everyone! Today's post is about the galaxy nails, as I fell in love with it from the first time I saw this kind of nails. And here's the tutorial.


Okay, so here is a list of what you'll need:
-black nail polish (preferrably Essie Licorice)
-coloured nail polish (in blue, green, purple frost and pink, or yellow)
-white nail polish
-make-up sponge (you can also use a piece of normal sponge or an unused one for washing the dishes.. it doesn't really matter what kind, it just needs to be a sponge, I've tried with both dishes and make-up sponge and tey both worked well, but it's up to you which one you'll choose)
-top coat with glitter (it can either be micro glitter or with hexes, bars etc., it depends on how you want it to look in the end)


(sorry for the quality, my hands were a bit shaky..)


First, I suggest adding a thin layer of base coat on your nails (the best I recommend is the Mineral Fix hardener from AVON, but it can also be any hardener you own). Then, add a coat of black polish. After it's fully dried, on two layered paper plates (or wax paper, or simply paper.. i use a post-it or two, depends on how many colors I use and how much.. or what patterns I do). Slightly dip a corner of the make-up sponge in the polish and dab an oblic line through the center of the nail. After that, choose one of the colors to dab in the lower left corner. Keep doing this with the other corners left, and even dab a bit on the white. In the upper left and lower right corners dab a bit of black and finish with a glittery top coat. (I chose one which was a bit gold so it all looked quite yellow.. and sorry for the quality, I zoomed each picture).
Here's a tip: if you think the white left in the centre isn't as.. white, dab a bit more, as I did in the 5th picture. But just a bit, not the whole spot!

Well, I hope it helped. I also know how to do it on clothes! You need some non-printed black clothing and clothing dye (try to get more white than other colors, and also get black!). It;s the same thing, you just do it more times and not the same (I mean, let's say you do it on the knee; do it a bit less when you go up to the waistline or down to the ankles and keep repeating it, the result will be awesome!).

Enjoy! xx

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu